EpicTV Jobs - Climbing Editor Wanted
NOV 6th 2015|
EpicTV are looking for a motivated climber with a strong interest in writing to join our staff as Climbing Editor. The climbing editor has overall responsibility for all content published on EpicTV's climbing media.
As well as producing articles, galleries and video descriptions, the climbing editor will also edit the work of other contributors to ensure a consistent tone and style across the channel.
An excellent level of verbal and written communication is essential. The ideal candidate will also have experience of marketing or customer service within the climbing industry so that they can assist in the running and positioning of the EpicTV Shop.
Main areas of responsibility will include:
- Writing and editing of articles.
- Production of copy (titles, descriptions and in video writing e.g. subtitles) for all EpicTV Climbing Videos.
- Proof reading and editing of all written copy to be published on the climbing channel.
- Social media marketing including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Curating the climbing pages of the website including management of adverts.
- News research and assisting in the production of Climbing Daily.
- High quality of written English
- Experience managing social media accounts. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Ability to work to tight publishing deadlines.
- A wide knowledge of and experience with different styles of climbing and climbing equipment
- An understanding of online retail and current market trends within the climbing industry
- Previous experience of managing or publishing on an online media source/news outlet.
- Written and/or spoken French and Italian.
Nice to have:
- Photography and/or filmmaking skills
- Graphic design/Photoshop
- On camera presenting experience
The position will be based at the EpicTV offices near Chamonix, France.
Salary dependent on experience.
Please send CV and covering letter to Hugo Pilcher (firstname.lastname@example.org)